Veteran & Military Service Members


Click here for the most current eligibility information about the GI Bill .


  • Applicants must be admitted to a degree seeking program.
  • First time applicants must file the appropriate form with the VA.
    • Applicants are encouraged to apply online using VONAPP (Veterans Online Application) OR
    • Applicants may go to in order to apply for VA educational benefits. Fill out the appropriate form and mail it to the regional office:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Regional Processing Office
400 South 18th Street
St. Louis MO 63103-9722


Make a copy of the form for your Alderson Broaddus file.

Refer to the for qualification information.

  • Chapter 33: Post-9/11 G.I. Bill
    • If you are the service member and will be using the benefit – Form 22-1990
    • If you are a dependent of a veteran – Form 22-1990e
  • Chapter 30: Montgomery G.I. Bill
    • Form 22-1990
  • Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program
    • Form 22-5490
  • Chapter 1606: Montgomery G.I. Bill- Selected Reserve
    • Form 22-1990
  • Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
    • Form 28-1900


  • For Chapter 1606 you will need to submit a copy of your DD 214 and Notice of Eligibility (NOBE)
  • For Chapter 30, 33, and 35 the VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Submit the COE to a VA certifying official in the Registrar’s Office.
  • For Chapter 31 you will need to submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.

You can:

  • mail it to Alderson Broaddus University Registrar’s Office, Box 2065, 101 College Hill Dr., Philippi, WV, 26416
  • scan the first page of the document, attach it to an email and send it to [email protected]
  • fax it to our office at 304-457-6239
  • bring it in person

Once you are registered for classes, fill out the Coordinator Form and return it to the Registrar’s Office. List only the hours you want to be certified for. If you do not want to be certified, list zero hours.

Transfer Student

If you are transferring either to or from Alderson Broaddus University and are already receiving your benefits; you need to fill out a Change of Program or Place of Training form, (22-1995 for Chapters 30, 33, 1606 & REAP), (22-5495 for Chapter 35 recipients). You may obtain this form from Submit this form at to the school to which you are transferring your benefits.

If you are transferring to Alderson Broaddus University, a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility will need to be provided to the VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office.

Guest Student Certification

If you are a guest student requesting VA certification, your home/parent institution must complete and forward to the Registrar’s Office a parent institution letter indicating that the courses you are taking at Alderson Broaddus University will satisfy the degree requirements at that school.   If you are an Alderson Broaddus University student requesting authorization to attend another institution please see the VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office.


Tuition Assistance – Necessary forms can be obtained from your unit or Educational Service Officer.

Tutorial Assistance – Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving educational benefits under Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607. Tutorial assistance is a benefit paid in addition to the regular monthly educational assistance allowance. To qualify, you must require tutorial assistance in a subject matter that is part of, prerequisite to, or indispensable their current degree objective on at least a half-time basis.


See a variety of resources and information regarding continuing education here.

Filing Procedures

The Veterans Administration takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks to process your application. This means after your paperwork has been submitted from Alderson Broaddus University, you can expect a check for the current enrollment to arrive at the address VA has on file or if you have direct deposit 8 to 12 weeks later. Thereafter, checks will arrive at the beginning of each month for the previous month. Questions concerning payment after you have been certified should be directed to the Veterans Administration at (888) 442-4551.


The Alderson Broaddus University Registrar’s Office is located in Burbick Hall on the first floor. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Registrar’s Office
101 College Hill Drive
Philippi, WV 26416
Office Phone: 304-457-6227
Alderson Broaddus University

VA Contact Information
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Regional Processing Office
400 South 18th Street
St. Louis MO 63103-9722